Fall Equestrian Weekend
Saddle up for our Fall Equestrian Weekend, October 3 – 4!
Horse enthusiasts one and all can come out to Camp Horizons to participate in a weekend of equestrian-centered fun! Included in the weekend for all participants is four activity periods tackling horse care, riding skills, pony games, and trail rides, classic camp evening programming, four fresh-cooked meals, and scenic cabin lodging.
Dates and Rates
Two half days of activities, your cabin rental, and fresh meals are all included in your reservation! You can also enhance your weekend with a cabin upgrade at additional costs- check out the “Lodging and Cabin Upgrades” tab for more information.
Join us: Saturday October 3rd – Sunday October 4th (deadline to register is Friday, September 25th)
Spaces are very limited, and all reservations must include an adult. All attendees are strongly encouraged to participate in all equestrian activities. Unfortunately, no attendees under the age of 9 will be able to join us this time, but we welcome campers of all ages to our Fall Getaways.
Our Fall Equestrian Weekend offers a schedule with ample time spent at the barn! After covering some horse safety, all attendees will be split into small groups of ~10 people to allow for social distancing, individual equipment use, and personalized instruction.
Activities at the barn include:
- Riding Lessons
- Trail Rides
- Horse Care Lesson
- Pony Games
We wrap up the day with a fun and unique Evening Program. We encourage you to bring items to tie-dye as well as blankets/chairs for our outdoor movie night! Following Evening Programming the evening is yours, and you are free for a village campfire or stargazing.
Lodging and Cabin Upgrades
Unplug and reconnect with nature as you getaway to your very own cabin in the woods! Our Fall Equestrian Weekend will use cabins in our Starlight village, and each group will be housed in an individual cabin complete with restroom and shower. Starlight features bunk style lodging in the cabins and a communal campfire circle for the village. Groups are expected to bring their own bed and bath linens. Standard cabin rentals are assigned, and we will not be honoring cabin requests.
Optional Cabin Upgrades:
All cabin upgrades include bed and bath linens. Spaces are limited and provided on a first come first serve bases.
Starlight 9/10: Check out our Starlight 9 and 10 efficiency cabins where parents can enjoy a queen sized bed and the kiddos get two twin beds. These cabins are climate controlled, carpeted, and sport a private bathroom. Starlight 9 and 10 can be reserved for an additional $85.00. Only 2 families can snag this awesome deal! Max 4 people.
Director’s Cabin: Or is living large like our Directors more your style? Try out our stand-alone Director’s Cabin for a unique family stay. This cabin features a full kitchen, living room, bathroom, 2 bedrooms with full beds and loft with 2 twin beds, all linens included. Enjoy this upgrade for an additional $150.00. Only one family will get this lucky upgrade, so you’ll need to be fast to lock in this gem. Max 6 people.
Otis Cabin: The Otis Cabin offers a rustic getaway from the real world. Complete with one full bed and a loft sporting three twin beds, Otis is the perfect cozy mountain getaway for a family looking to join our Fall Equestrian Weekend. Otis offers the convenience of a full kitchen, bathroom, and living room along with a small patio area with campfire ring. This space also comes with all bed and bath linens included. Like the Director’s Cabin, only one family can enjoy this stay for an additional $120.00. Max 5 people.
Food and Beverage
Chef Rob and the fantastic dining team will be serving seasonal versions of your camp favorites. You can see the full menu by day below. If you have any dietary restrictions or food allergies, please make sure they are noted on your registration form. Most needs can be met, please call us if you have any specific questions!
To ensure the safety of our guests we’ve implemented some changes to our dining policies for our Fall Equestrian Weekend:
- While we normally eat buffet style, all meals will be done family style to minimize movement around in the dining halls. Your group will be assigned a table of your own for the duration of your stay
- Tables at the dining hall will be spread out to ensure proper distancing
- All of our dining staff will wear masks or face shields and gloves while preparing and serving food
Fall Equestrian WEekend Menu
Families are permitted to bring their own food and drinks. The Swap Shop will also be stocked with more snack items than normal, so if you’re missing anything we’ve got you covered. As you are packing for your stay we do ask that you keep a few things in mind:
- As we are a nut-aware camp, please do not bring any food that contains nuts.
- Because of our location in the woods, we recommend that any food you bring stays in a plastic container.
- Alcohol is allowed; however, we ask that beverages are not in any glass containers. Please be conscious of alcohol use. Alcohol is not permitted in activity areas
1. Are pets allowed?
- We ask that you leave your pets at home. The barn is filled with animals excited to see you!
2. Is smoking allowed?
- Camp Horizons is a tobacco free facility. We ask that you do not smoke or vape on the property
3. Will I have cell phone service? Is there access to Wi-Fi?
- We understand that even during a getaway there is a need to work or stay in touch with the world outside of camp. Most cell phones carriers will have service at camp–enough to text and call. We also offer Wi-Fi in our Main Dining Hall and Dew Drop Inn (located in Western Village/central camp).
4. What do we need to bring?
- View our Fall Equestrian Weekend Packing List
5. Will Swap Shop be open?
- Yes! We will have a staff member in Swap Shop to buy merchandise and snacks each day with extended hours throughout the day. Be sure to check out our 2020 apparel!
- We will have movie concessions, S’mores packs, bug spray, sunscreen, and other items available to purchase
6. What kind of safety and cleaning procedures will you all be doing?
- We ask that you all do a health screen before you arrive for your stay. We will also do a temperature check on every guest during check-in. If anyone has a temperature of 100.4 or higher, we will ask that you return home. A full refund will be provided
- All common areas will be cleaned on a rotation multiple times a day. We use FDA approved cleaners, and all of our housekeeping staff will wear gloves and masks while cleaning. Our housekeeping staff will not enter your cabins during your stay.
- We have installed additional sinks and hand sanitizer stations around camp for easy access
- All of our staff receive daily temperature checks before beginning work and anyone with a temperature over 100.4 will be immediately sent home
- All of our staff will be in masks during activities that require staffing.
- If you want to wear a mask you are more than welcome to. However, we are not requiring our guests to wear masks
- We’ve structured activities and meals to allow for social distancing. We ask that you practice social distancing with other families, however the onus is on you all
- There is a waiver that we are requiring all participants to sign upon registration, please make sure to read through it and contact us with any questions