Send me info
[gravityform id=”1″ title=”false” description=”false”]
Get Away, Then let us take care of the rest!
Located just 2 hours from Washington DC and Richmond, Camp Horizons is the perfect weekend getaway. Come enjoy the beauty of The Shenandoah Valley as you reconnect with nature and your family and friends.
Horizons’ Getaways always include:
- Flexible activity schedules – You can stay for our instructor led activities or venture outside of camp to explore nearby Skyline Drive, Downtown Harrisonburg, or local hikes and sites.
- Fresh cooked meals – All meals are included in a Horizons’ Getaway from dinner on check-in day to lunch on check-out day. Our Chef and his team are able to accommodate a variety of diets, allergies, and restrictions. Fill out any dietary needs while registering.
- Your own individual cabin rental – Unplug and reconnect with nature as you getaway to your very own cabin in the woods! Each standard cabin includes 6 bunkbeds, restroom, and shower.
Join an upcoming Horizons’ Getaway!
Horizons’ Family Camp Getaway
August 20th – August 22nd
Horizons’ Fall Getaway
September 17th – September 19th
[ngg src=”galleries” ids=”2″ display=”basic_slideshow”]
Dates and Rates
A day full of activities, your cabin rental, and fresh meals are all included in your reservation! You can also customize and enhance your getaway with equestrian add-on activities at additional costs.
Spring Getaways: $265.00/Person (no charge for children 4 & under)
Horizons’ Family Camp Getaway– Friday August 20th – Sunday August 22nd (deadline to register is Friday August 13th)
Horizons’ Fall Getaway– Friday September 17th – Sunday September 19th (deadline to register is Friday September 10th)
For current Camp Horizons families:
- We are offering a Refer a Family incentive! If you refer a family and they join a Horizons’ Getaway, your family will receive a $50 credit to Swap Shop (1 credit maximum). Additionally, if the family you refer signs up for the 2022 summer, they are eligible to save $350 with our Returning Camper Discount if they register for camp by November 19, 2021.
- Event (Horizons’ Getaways) registration is separate from Summer Camp registration. You can create a new profile by clicking “Register now!”
Unplug and reconnect with nature as you getaway to your very own cabin in the woods! All Horizons’ Getaways will use cabins in our Starlight village, and each group will be housed in an individual cabin. Starlight lodging includes 6 bunkbeds, restroom, and shower. Cabins in this village share porches as well as a communal campfire circle. Standard cabin rentals are assigned, and we will not be honoring cabin requests.
Groups are expected to bring their own bed and bath linens.
Food + Beverage
A getaway is meant to be stress free—let us handle the cooking! Chef Rob and the fantastic dining team will be serving elevated versions of your camp favorites. You can see the full menu by day below. If you have any dietary restrictions or food allergies, please make sure they are noted on your registration form. Most needs can be met, but please call us if you have any specific questions!
To ensure the safety of our guests we’ve implemented some changes to our dining policies for the Spring Getaways:
- While we normally eat buffet style, all meals will be done family style to minimize movement around in the dining halls. Your group will be assigned a table of your own for the duration of your stay
- Tables at the dining hall will be spread out to ensure proper distancing
- All of our dining staff will wear masks or face shields and gloves while preparing and serving food
Family Camp & Fall Getaway Menu
Families are permitted to bring their own food and drinks. The Swap Shop will also be stocked with more snack items than normal, so if you’re missing anything we’ve got you covered. As you are packing for your stay we do ask that you keep a few things in mind:
- As we are a nut-aware camp, please do not bring any food that contains nuts.
- Because of our location in the woods, we recommend that any food you bring stays in a plastic container.
- Alcohol is allowed; however, we ask that beverages are not in any glass containers. Please be conscious of alcohol use. Alcohol is not permitted in activity areas